Texas Gov. Greg Abbott released Phase 1 and Phase 2 of his plan to reopen Texas. While everyone wants to hear “Open for Business,” the businesses have begun a staggered opening depending on capacity and the specific business guidelines provided. Check out the Dallas businesses reopening, the Fort Worth Businesses reopening along with the rest of North Texas.
Check out our list of businesses by type that are allowed to open and under what conditions.
What can open be open for business?
At 50% of capacity
At 25% of capacity
- Bars: can open with limits in indoor spaces and without occupancy limits in outdoor areas; includes restaurants with 51% of gross receipts from alcohol sales.
- Rodeo and equestrian events: limited to only the rodeo or equestrian event and not larger gatherings such as fairs.
- Bowling alleys.
- Bingo halls.
- Simulcast racing and skating rinks: limits include 6 feet of social distancing between lanes and customers; interactive exhibits are closed.
- Gyms and exercise facilities: locker rooms and showers are closed, but restrooms are open.
- Aquariums and natural caverns: interactive exhibits are closed.
- Malls: food courts, play areas, video arcades and interactive displays are closed.
- Movie theaters: video arcades and interactive games are closed.
- Museums and libraries: interactive functions or exhibits are closed.
- Offices: limited to 10 people or 25% occupancy.
- Retail stores.
Required to maintains 6 feet of social distancing
- Barbershops and hair salons
- Cosmetology salons.
- Nail salons.
- Tanning salons.
- Massage establishments.
- Personal-care centers.
- Churches and places of worship.
- Child care centers: must follow state and federal health protocols and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines.
- Outdoor sports: limited to four participants playing together without contact.
- Parks, beaches, rivers, lakes: indoor and outdoor pools limited to 25% occupancy; groups of less than ten people and 6 feet of social distancing recommended; additional measures recommended for rafting; state parks are open with restrictions.
- Wedding venues: indoor receptions are limited to 25% occupancy.
- Youth clubs: indoor meetings are limited to 10 people with 6 feet of social distancing.